Amer Ali Khaleel
College of Health Sciences
Department of Medical Microbiology
Welcome to my Academic Profile page.
My name is Amer Ali Khaleel Assistant lecturer from College of Health sciences, Hawler Medical University , Erbil, Iraq. I have got Bsc degree in college of Science , Salahaddin University , High Diploma degree In physiology in college of education , Salahaddin University and Msc degree in Medical Immunology from college of Medicine , Hawler Medical University .
His current research work is mainly related to Medical Immunology, Serology and Molecular biology.I am teaching basic Immunology in college of health sciences . I have interested to doing researches in my field (Medical immunology and serology) and molecular biology.
Now I am working as a Assisstant lecturer at Hawler Medical University-Erbil.
- Research Skills.
- Statistical analysis (SPSS).
- Microsoft Office.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent IT skills.
- Teamworking skills.
- Communication skills.
- Medical Immunology
He has more than 4 resarches in local and internatinal scientific journals.
I will be excited to explore different research areas of immunology like -
- Immunology in understanding disease pathology like rheumatoid arthritis, diabetes mellitus, oncology.
- Immune regulation like understanding complexities of signaling cascade in different immunological cells or lymphocytes.
- Understanding basic immunological concepts which can be translated to bedsides.
- Role of infection in Cancer.
He has supervised different research groups of undergraduate students. I have a group of research project undergraduate students per year, on different research topics.
1-Sero-Prevealence of H. pylori among college students in Erbil city. 2016-2017.
2-Sero-Prevealence of H. pylori among college students in Erbil city. 2017-2018.
3-Sero-Prevealence of Brucellosis in Erbil city. 2018-2019
3-Salah Tofik Jalal Balakya, Saeed Ghulam Hussain, Amer Ali Khaleel, Furat Tahseen Sabeerd, Ahang Hasan Mawlood,.Molecular Diagnosis in differentiating active and inactive forms of Hepatitis B virus carriers. Journal of University of Babylon, Pure and Applied Sciences, Vol.(26), No.(10): 2018.
2-Ruqaya M. Al-Barzinji, Khaleel, Amer A., Assessment of Neopterin and Interlukin-1 beta serum levels in burn patients. Diyala Journal of Medicine, Vol.11, No.2, pp.25-33,2016
1-Khaleel, Amer A., Karim R. Hamad. Effects Of Fenugreek (Trigonella Foenum-Graecum) Seeds Aqueous Extract On The Tissue Structure Of Anterior Pituitary Gland And Some Organs Of Reproductive System In Male Albino Rats. Zanco Journal for medical Sciences, Vol.23, No.3, pp. 102-115, 2011.
2.Articles under publication:
Procalcitonin as new pro inflammatory marker in burn patients.
Significance of HBV Diagnosis by RT-PCR over Serological Markers in HBV Patients.
3. Projects Ongoing:
I have the following Qualifications:
1. Master of Science (M.Sc.) degree in Medical Microbiology,College of Medicine , Hawler Medical University - Erbil, Kurdistan Regional Government of Iraq. Thesis title: Assessment Of Procalcitonin As A Proinflammatory Marker And Its Relation With Immunological Markers In Burn Patients. Supervisor: Assistant Professor Dr. Ruqaya M. Al-Barzinji.
2.Higher Diploma (H.D.) degree in Microbiology, College of education, Salahadden University - Erbil, Kurdistan Regional Government of Iraq. Thesis title: Effects Of Fenugreek (Trigonella Foenum-Graecum) Seeds Aqueous Extract On some Haematological and Histophysiological Aspects In Reproductive System In Male Albino Rats. Supervisor: Lecturer Dr. Karim Rahman Hamad.
3. Bachelor (B.Sc.) in Biology, College of science, Salahadden University - Erbil, Kurdistan Regional Government of Iraq.Final project presentation:"Royal Jelly”. Supervisor: Assistant Lecturer Hana Hasham Shekho.
4.Secondary School Certificate, Baccalaureate Examination for Secondary Schools (Scientific - Section) in Barzani Namr School for Boys - Erbil, Kurdistan Regional Government of Iraq.
Assistant Lecturer, Department of Medical Microbiology.2013-Present.
• Teaching Basic Immunology, covering cellular and molecular aspects of innate and adaptive immune response and relate these to pathological states, with highlighting the role of cytokines in these immune responses.
• The class consisted of 60-second stage students.
• Lecturing: fundamental characteristics of innate and adaptive immunity, study of antigens and antibodies, major histocompatibility complex, T and B
lymphocyte recognition of antigen and response, immune deficiency, immune system in AIDS, hypersensitivity reaction including allergy and transplantation.
- Head of Quality Assurance (2018- 2019).
- A representative of the College Health sciences regarding the purchase of medical materials (2019).
- Coordinator of Medical Microbiology Department (2014-2019).
- Member in Moodle System organization Committee (2017- 2018).
- Member in Career development center (CDC) (2015- 2018).
- Member of Website organization Committee (2017- 2018).
- Member of International Research & Exchanges Board (IREX) Committee (2017- 2018).
- Examination committee for 4th stage students’ project (2015- 2019).
- Member of the Scientific Committee of College of Health Sciences (3 years).
- Member of Biology syndicate 2004 till now.
- Union of Kurdistan Teachers.
- I have one group of research project undergraduate students every year.
- Member of Ethics committee in Medical Research Center (MRC), Hawler Medical University 2004 till now.
- View Private Records