Salar Adnan Ahmed
College of Medicine
Department of Biochemistry
I'm presently, a permanent staff member, working as an assistant professor of Clinical Biochemistry at College of Medicine, Hawler Medical University - Kurdistan region –Iraq
I have recently (2013) completed my PhD in Clinical Biochemistry at the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki – Greece. My dissertation title was ( Effect of recombinant von willebrand factor-A1 domain on the process of hemostasis). My supervisors were Dr. Panteleimon Arzoglou, Dr. Theodora Choli Papadopoulou and Dr. Thomas Giannakouros
- Research experiences
A Collaborative study between me and Biochemistry Lab. Aristotle University of Thessaloniki-Greece on
- Molecular method for detection of JAK2( V617F) tyrosine kinase mutation in patients with myeloproliferative and myelodysplastic disorders in Nanakali blood diseases hospital.
- Molecular method for detection of Factor V Leiden G1691A & prothrombin G20210A mutation in patientswith cerebral infarction
Doctoral Research: Biochemistry Lab. Aristotle University of Thessaloniki-Greece –
Research advisers: Dr. Panteleimon Arzoglou, Dr. Theodora Choli-Papadopoulou, Dr.Thomas Giannakouros
Biochemical studies on blood coagulation mechanism - Effect of recombinant von willebrand factor-A1 domain on the process of hemostasis
- Cloning, ex
pression and purification of vWF A1 domain to identify the specific amino acid region of vWF that promotes optimal cofactor function in platelet aggregation and activation during the normal process of hemostasis.
- Study of the potential function of purified vWF A1 domain in platelet activation and the natural process of hemostasis in order to fully understand its particular role in maintaining the integrity of the blood coagulation.
- Research interests
- Cloning, ex
pression and purification of different proteins
- Identification of gene mutation
- Molecular methods for diagnosis, differential diagnosis and early detection of diseases
Find and development a new remedy against cancer and thrombus formation
Supervision of Postgraduate Students
Number: 2 Specialty: Clinical Biochemistry Degree: PhD and MSc
Google Scholar line:
- A single developing countrys hematology - oncology ceneter retrospective analysis of the janus kinase 2 V617F mutation in philadelphia negative myeloproliferative neoplasma. Kuwait Medical Journal
- Correlation between thyroid hormones and body weight in hypothyroid females in Erbil city ZANCO Journal of Pure and Applied Sciences ZJPAS) . v29(5)2017
- The role of von Willebrand factor and lipid profile in determining the risk of ischemic stroke in Hawler city: a case control study Zanko jornal of medical science 2017;22(2)
- Factor V Leiden G1691A mutation in patients with cerebral infarction. ZANCO Journal of Pure and Applied Sciences ZJPAS) (2016), 28 (6); 86-47 http://doi.org/10.21271/ZJPAS.28.6.9
- Diagnostic efficiency of serum creatin kinase and troponin I in patients with suspected acute myocardial infraction. Trakia Journal of Sciences, No 4, pp 314-319, 2016 . doi:10.15547/tjs.2016.04.002
- loning, ex
pression and purification of recombinant A1 domain of human von Willebrand Factor and its functional characterization in platelet activation and natural process of haemostasis
- Evaluation of some micronutrients in patients infected with Giardia lamblia in Hawler city. Zanko jornal of medical science 2015;20(1)
- Biochemical studies on blood coagulation mechanism - Effect of recombinant von willebrand factor-A1 domain on the process of hemostasis ( PhD dissertation )
- Clinical efficiency of measuring Factor Xa generation as compared to thrombin generation
- Diagnostic efficiency of serum Creatine Kinase and Troponin I in patients with suspected Acute Myocardial Infarction. Trakia Journal of Sciences
- Clinical Usefulness of Alterations in Serum Total Sialic Acid and its Ratio to Total Protein in Breast Masses in Hawler City .Zanko jornal of medical science 2008.volume 12.no.2.
- Biochemical studies on serum acid phosphatases in patients with breast masse in Erbil city. Middle east journal of internal medicine Volume 1 issue 2.2008
- A Study of Serum Glycoproteins in Patients with Breast Cancer. Middle east journal of internal medicine Volume 2 issue 1.2009
- Effects of ß-Thalassemia on some biochemical parameters . Middle east journal of family medicine Volume 7 issue 2.2009
- Serum Alpha-L-Fucose and related parameters in breast cancer as tumor markers . Middle east journal of family medicine Volume 9 issue 11 2011
- The Influence of Industrial Noise on Lipid and Lipoprotein Levels in Workers of Erbil Textile Factory. (JZS) Journal of Zankoy Sulaimani, December 2008, 11(1) Part A (109-116) .
- Evaluation of some micronutrients in patients infected with Giardia lamblia in Hawler city. Zanko jornal of medical science 2015.volume 20.no.1.
- Effect of dietary unsaturated fat on plasma lipid and lipoprotein profile , ZANCO Medical Journal (7):2: 2003
- Obesity and it is effect on certain biochemical parameters in Erbil city , ZANCO Medical Journal (7):2:2003
- Measurement of basal metabolic rate in obese and diabetic: a comparative study ZANCO Medical Journal (8) :2004
1- PhD in Clinical Biochemistry, Biochemistry Lab.. Aristotle University of Thessaloniki – Greece. 2012.
2- M.Sc. in Clinical Biochemistry, Department of Clinical Biochemistry, College of Medicine, أHawler Medical University, Erbil- Iraq, June, 2002
Member at TEDx hawlerMedical University
- View Private Records