The Medical Research Center of Hawler Medical University was founded in 2008. The Medical Research Center is a governmental, non-profit institute. The center is intended to become a pioneer research center in Erbil and the Kurdistan region.
The center provides training on various stages of research and supports the university researchers to undertake high quality research in different areas of interest. Training is provided on research methodology, biostatistics, research writing and reference management, use laboratory equipment such as conventional and real time PCR machines, gel electrophoresis and DNA testing. Equipment and facilities are available to the researchers from the different colleges of Hawler Medical University as well as the other universities of Kurdistan to undertake research in different fields.
To become a big pioneer research center in Hawler and Kurdistan.
Provide training on various stages of research. And support the university research to undertake high quality research in different areas of interest.
- Research methodology.
- Research writing and reference management (use of Microsoft office and end Not program).
- Using of laboratory equipment such as conventional and real time PCR machines gel electrophoresis.
Support the university to make more scientific and high quality research about mass graves and Genocide.
- Build healthier, more equitable & prosperous society.
- Improve quality of life.
- Use science & technology to find practical, long-term solutions to social, economic & environmental problems.
- Contribute to informed decision- making.
- Basic, pre-clinical and clinical research in medical and social science.
- Conduct continuous monitoring of social & cultural trends.
- Undertake commissioned projects & conducts on- going research for governmental bodies, major companies and trade associations.
- Act as a diagnostic Centre for “Ministry of Heath”.
- To have our data in every aspect of medicine for the future generation.
- Support the university to make more scientific and high quality research about mass Grave and Genocide.
We hope that every clinician/ lecturer will be a scientist in his/her field.
Any suggestion and comments from our colleagues inside or outside Kurdistan is most welcome to improve the quality of our work and build stronger scientific society.
Asst. Prof. Dr. Yasin KareemAmin
Consultant General Surgeon
MBChB, Msc. Anatomy, PhD Embryology