Salah Tofik Jalal Balaky
College of Health Sciences
Department of Medical Microbiology
I am teaching Molecular Microbiology, General Bacteriology, Medical Bacteriology and Antimicrobial Agents at College of Health Sciences/ Hawler Medical University since 2014.
My research area is Mechanisms of antibiotic resistance in bacteria at molecular levels. Molecular typing of causetive agents of infections such as H. pylori and C. diffecile. Phage therapy is another intreresting field of my research areas.
I supervised 2 groups of students this year 2017-2018
1. The role of E. coli and K. pneumonia in UTI Infections in Erbil.
2. Prevalence of P. aeruginosa in wound infections in Erbil city.
I have 3 published research articles
1. Mansoor, E. and Balaky, S. (2002) Fluorescent antibody technique for the diagnosis of Vibrio Cholera. Zanco, J. Med. Sci. 6, 30-45, Erbil
2. Molecular Detection of SHV-Type ESBL in E. coli and K. pneumoniae
and their Antimicrobial Resistance Profile.
Journal of Hawler Medical University.
3. Screening Microbial Contamination of Smoking Waterpipe
(Narghile) in Erbil city/ Iraq
Journal of University of Babylon, Pure and Applied Sciences,Vol.(26), No.(5): 2018.
I have completed my degree and MSC at college of Science/ University of Salahaddin in Microbiology field.
I have awarded PhD in Molecular Microbiology at University of Durham/ UK.
1. Head of Medical Microbiology Department.
2. Director of Careere Developement Center (HMU-CDC) since 2016.
3. Member of Alumni commettee of Hawler Medical University.
4. Member of the Scientific Committee of College of Health Sciences.
5. Member of the Higher study Unit of The College of Health Sciences.
- View Private Records