Abbas Mohamed Faraj
College of Pharmacy
Department of Pharmacognosy
Abbas M. Faraj
- B.Sc. Biology, Sulaimania University, M.Sc. and PhD Medical Parasitology, Sallahaddin University, Erbil/ Iraq.
- Member staff as Asst. Prof. at Pharmacognosy Dept., College of Pharmacy, Hawler Medical University, Erbil/ Iraq.
- Visiting research scientist for six months at the Institute of Food, Nutrition and Human Health, Massey University, Palmestron North, New Zealand (from January to July 2009).
- Team work participation (Post-doctorate) for two years 2014-2017 at Biomedical Sciences, Nottingham Trent University, Nottingham/ UK.
- Medical Parasitology.
- Medical Entomology.
- Cancer cell lines.
- Undergraduate and Postgraduate students.
- Published 28 papers in the field of Medical Parasitology and Medical Entomology.
- Co-author of two scietific text books in the field of basic medical sciences:
1- Concise Medical Parasitology, 1st ed. (2011) and 2nd ed. (2016).
2- Practical Medical Entomology (2012).
Teaching Experience for undergraduate and postgraduate courses (M.Sc. and PhD) since 1994 till now.
- Iraqi Microbiology Society.
- Kurdistan Biology Society.
- British Parasitology Society.
- View Private Records