Aras Najmaddin Hamad
College of Pharmacy
Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry
- I graduated in 2000 with a BSc degree in Chemistry from Salahaddin University-College of Science and in 2012 I received my MSc degree in Organic Synthesis. My PhD during the years 2006-2009 was in the same field and I focused on the synthesis of a number of new sulfa drugs, N-substituted saccharins and phthalimides. I teach different topics at college of pharmacy including: organic medicinal chemistry, advanced pharmaceutical synthesis, heterocyclic chemistry, stereochemistry and retrosynthesis, I have a deep interest in the organic synthesis field especially in the design and synthesis of biologically active five and six membered heterocyclic compounds.
1. Synthesis and preliminary evaluation of the antibacterial activity of some new compounds from nucleophilic acyl substitution and ring opening reactions of 5(4H), ZANCO Journal of Pure and Applied Sciences, (2016), 28 (3); 175-185.
2. Synthetic Approaches and Pharmacological Evaluation of Some New Acetamide Derivatives and 5-Benzylidene-2-(2,6-dimethyl-phenylimino)-thiazolidin-4-ones, ZANCO Journal of Pure and Applied Sciences, (2017), 29 (4); 12-24.
3. Synthesis, structure elucidation and antibacterial screening of some new 1,3-imidazolinone derivatives using micro broth dilution assay, Zanco Journal of Pure and Applied Sciences, Vol.27, No.6, 2015.
4. Synthesis and spectroscopic study of 1,2-thiazine system incorporating various ester groups, Zanco Journal of Pure and Applied Sciences.
- PhD in Organic Chemistry, 2009, College of Science, Salahaddin University, , Erbil, Iraq.
Thesis: Synthesis and spectroscopic study of some new compounds from the nucleophilic, electrophilic and ring transformation reactions of 1,2-thiazine system
- MSc in Organic Chemistry, 2002, College of Science, Salahaddin University, Erbil, Iraq.
Thesis: PREPARATION AND CONVERSION OF SOME PICOLINIUM SALTS INTO NOVEL CONDENSED HETEROCYCLIC SYSTEMS
- BSc in Chemistry, 2000, College of Science, Salahaddin University, Erbil, Iraq.
- View Private Records