Sozan Muhsin Qarani
College of Dentistry
Department of Basic Sciences
I am currently working at Hawler Medical University/Dentistry College as a lecturer teaching Biology and Microbiology. I consider myself to be friendly, positive, and enthusiastic and a very reliable person. I usually enjoy team working, but also work very well independently and can be trusted to act responsibly under pressure.
I was working as researcher in Centre of Biomolecular Science/ Nottingham/UK 20011-2016. My main areas of expertise are in molecular microbiology; biotechnology; cellular microbiology, and bacterial vaccines.
1. Bacteria isolated from root canal infection; Zanco J. Med. Sci., Vol. 12- (Special issue), 2008
Ali F. Alzubaidee* Suzan M. Qarani** Aso A. Muhamed***
2. In vitro antimicrobial activity of Miswak extracts against some oral pathogenic isolates; Zanco J. Med. Sci., Vol. 14, No. (1), 2010
Received in: 18/11/2009 Accepted in: 14/1/2010
Abdul–Ghany Omer * Sozan Muhsin Qarani ** Amera Kamal Khalil ***
3. Deciphering the complex three-way int interaction between the non-integrin laminin receptor, galectin-3 and Neisseria meningitidis; Open Biol. 2014 Oct;4(10). pii: 140053. doi: 10.1098/rsob.140053.
Academic skills: Talent for developing well-balanced lesson plans that teach the fundamentals, enhance students’ academic skills and sufficiently prepare them for the state assessment and the working world. Skilled at classroom management and identifying and adapting to different student learning styles.
I am experienced and competent in research design and the collection, analysis and reporting of primary and secondary data sources. During my research I have become competent with:
- DNA Cloning.
- Plasmid DNA mini-/midi-/maxi- extraction.
- RNA extraction.
- Gel electrophoresis and gel extraction.
- Purification of PCR and Gel-extracted DNA products.
- Quantification of DNA and protein.
- Inverse PCR mutagenesis.
- Generation of mutation in human gen: deletion mutations & Site-directed mutagenesis.
- Transformation of DNA in bacterial cells.
- Transfection of DNA in mammalian cells.
- Mammalian cell culture
pression of the wild type and mutated human protein in a bacterial host system.
pression of the wild type and mutated human protein in mammalian cells.
- Enzyme-linked immunosorbant assay (ELISA).
- Purification of human protein under nature & denatured conditions.
- Immunoblot analysis.
- Flow cytometry.
- Cell imaging including immunocytochemistry and fluorescence microscopy including confocal microscopy.
- View Private Records