Ali Shakir Dauod
College of Medicine
Department of Community Medicine
Family medicine is at the core of medicine and where most doctors practice, but they are largely ignored in the curriculum. I have experience in curriculum development at the college of medicine where we changed the outdated into the modern integrated curriculum to ensure it meets the country’s health care needs. This helped me to insert a new module that is designed to develop the student’s skills in the clinical and service aspects of Family Medicine. in addition, I worked with colleagues to establish a distinguished family medicine residency program similar to those well-known programs in the world.
Medical education and Curriculum
Endocrine and Diabetes
Cardio metabolic diseases
Evidence Based Medicine.
Geriatric and women health
1. Periodontal status of diabetics compared with non-diabetics: a meta-analysis - Journal of Diabetes and Its Complications, (2006)
2. Awareness, attitude, and practice of Evidence-Based Medicine among primary health care physicians in Jordan. Journal of Evaluation in Clinical Practice, (2009)
3. Evidence-based medicine among hospital doctors in Jordan: awareness, attitude, and practice. Journal of Evaluation in Clinical Practice, (2009)
4. Glycaemic control among patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus treated in the primary care setting in Jordan. Journal of Primary Care Diabetes, (2009)
5. Antibiotics in upper respiratory tract infections: Appropriateness of the practice in Jordan. Jordan Medical Journal, (2010)
6. Knowledge, attitudes and current practice of Jordanian family physicians about prescribing aspirin in primary and secondary prevention of vascular diseases: a self-reported survey. European journal of cardiovascular nursing: journal of the Working Group on Cardiovascular Nursing of the European Society of Cardiology, (2010)
7. Smoking cessation counseling practices of family physicians in Jordan: The Journal of Smoking Cessation 12/2013; 8(02). DOI:10.1017/jsc.2013.5
8. Vitamin D and PTH status among Adolescent and Young Females with Severe Dysmenorrhea. Journal of Pediatric & Adolescent Gynecology, (2013)
9. Cardiovascular risk factors in a rural area, Erbil, Iraq: A Cross-Sectional Study. The Iraqi Journal Of Community Medicine, (2013)
10. Prevalence of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease among adult male cigarettes smokers: a community-based study in Jordan. International Journal of COPD, (2014)
11. Knowledge and attitudes of students of the college of medicine towards evidence-based medicine and barriers to its use in clinical practice in Erbil city-Iraq. ZANCO JOURNAL OF MEDICAL SCIENCE,(2014).
12. Prevalence of pregnant women with multiple risk factors attending primary health center in Erbil. International Journal of Humanities Social Sciences and Education (IJHSSE), (2015).
13. The pattern of viral warts in a sample of children in Erbil city. Al-Qadisiya Medical Journal, (2016).
14. Vildagliptin efficacy in combination with metformin among Jordanian patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus inadequately controlled with metformin. Journal of Drug Assessment, Vol (5), 2016-Issue 1.
15. Prevalence of Metabolic Syndrome among a sample of women using hormonal contraceptive pills in Erbil city-Iraq. Tikrit Medical Journal, 2016;21(2):1-14.
16. Knowledge, awareness, and practices about breast and cervical cancer in a group of women in Erbil city-Iraq. Tikrit Medical Journal, 2016;21(2):54-66.
17. Glycemic control among type 2 diabetic patients attending the family medicine health center and the diabetic health center in Erbil-Iraq: a comparative study. ZANCO JOURNAL OF MEDICAL SCIENCE, (2017).
18. Clinical inertia in glycemic control among a sample of patients with type 2 diabetes in Erbil City-Iraq. Middle East Journal of Family Medicine, 2017;16(2).
19. Symptoms of depression and anxiety among a Sample of Type 2 diabetic patients at Primary Health Care in Erbil city, Bnar Sardar Yaseen, Ali Shakir Dauod. Tikrit Journal of Pure Science, 2018;23(10):5-13. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.25130/tjps.23.2018.162
20. Knowledge and practice about foot care and the prevalence of the neuropathy among a sample of type 2 diabetic patients in Erbil, Iraq. Hemin Jawad Saber, Ali Shakir Daoud. Journal of Family Medicine and Primary Care. 2018; 7(5): 967–974. doi: 10.4103/jfmpc.jfmpc_163_18.
Jordanian fellowship of Family Medicine / Jordan Medical Council.
High Specialty Degree in Medicine / King Abdullah University Hospital (KAUH) / (JUST)
M.Sc. Epidemiology and Infectious diseases / Public Health / Jordan University of Science and Technology (JUST).
M.B.Ch.B Degree in Medicine and Surgery / Mosul University / College of Medicine.
· Head of Family Medicine Unit/ College of Medicine / Hawler Medical University / Erbil-Iraq.
· Curriculum Committee Coordinator / College of Medicine / Hawler Medical University / Erbil-Iraq.
· Director of Family Medicine Residency Program (KBMS and ABHS) / Erbil-Iraq.
· Family Medicine Consultant at Brayatii Teaching Centre / Erbil-Iraq.
- View Private Records