Asst. Prof. Dr Dler Qader Gallaly
Head of Medical Physiotherpy Department
In the Name of Allah
On behalf of the teaching staff and the head of physiotherapy department I would like to welcome students to the department of Physiotherapy at College of Health Sciences, Hawler Medical University.
Our department was recently founded in year 2018. Physiotherapy is a healthcare profession that assesses, diagnoses, treats, and works to prevent disease and disability through physical means.
Physiotherapy is a combination of professions distinct from nursing, medicine, and pharmacy. It provides services to individuals and populations to develop, maintain and restore maximum movement possible and functional ability throughout the lifespan. The terms ‘physiotherapy’ and ‘physical therapy’ mean the same thing and are used interchangeably.
Therefore, the vision of the department of physiotherapy is to offer a BSc program that prepares the students for a high quality of education in physiotherapy rooted in ethics and empathy and fulfils their professional obligation to contribute to the health needs of whom in society.
Physiotherapy, also known as physical therapy, is a combination of professions distinct from nursing, medicine, and pharmacy. The Department of Physiotherapy is a new generated Department in the College of Health Sciences. It has established recently, in the academic year 2018-2019. After four years of full-time (8 semesters) study, the students will be awarded a certification of Bachelor degree in Physiotherapy (BPT).
The vision of the department of physiotherapy is to offer a program of study that prepares the students for a high quality of education in physiotherapy rooted in ethics and empathy and fulfils their professional obligation to contribute to the health needs in society.
- To ensure the ongoing improvement of the practice of physiotherapists and to serve the public interest.
- To provide the most modern and highest quality of physiotherapy education to the students of our college.
- To develop strong foundations for scientific research in the field of physiotherapy.
- To provide the same at affordable coast.
- To graduate students with better capability and high qualification in identifying, understanding, and formulating an effective treatment plan designed specifically for each patient.
The inclusive objectives of the department are:
- To educate students to be professional in the practical application of physiotherapeutic treatments.
- To make students be flexible and able to adapt to the health care changing and to take responsibility for their professional development.
- To gain knowledge of the methods, procedures, models, techniques and actions required in the application of physical therapeutic principles.
- To conduct scientific research in the speciality of physiotherapy.