College of Medicine at Hawler Medical University in collaboration with the University of Sheffield on 10th - 11th December 2018 has run "The Gateway Course" as an Introduction to Medical Education
The Gateway Course Program by the facilitators Prof. Nigel Bax & Prof. Deborah Bax:
- Five-session Gateway Course has offered by the Academic Unit of Medical Education, The Medical School at the University of Sheffield as part of the Staff Development Programme.
- It has designed as an entry-level course for all those who teach medical students and provides continuing professional development (CPD) credits.
- The course was recommended for those who teach in healthcare and who have had no previous formal training in healthcare education.
- The aim of the programme was that any teacher in medical or health professional education is to become competent in all aspects of education and training.
- These skills was includes curriculum, module, session design, planning, lecturing, small group facilitation and assessment.
- The Gateway Course was part of a pathway that teachers may follow to enhance their knowledge and skills in medical education.