The mission of the College of Nursing is to provide quality innovative, education programs to a diverse student body, to participate in research and scholarly activities, and to provide service to the University, the profession, and the public. The College accomplishes this by providing a caring, engaging environment for the empowerment of student learning potential, the professional development of faculty, and the promotion of the nursing profession.
- 1. Cultivate a caring and engaging environment to facilitate teaching, learning, scholarship, and service.
- 2. Deliver innovative quality nursing programs that meet the needs of a diverse student body and other communities of interest.
- 3. Promote the discovery, communication, and preservation of knowledge through scholarly activities and leadership.
- 4. Provide service to the University, the profession, and the public.
- 5. Develop community partnerships to promote nursing and the enhancement of the health care delivery system.